User Test Report (from instruction)

20160424_215604

Instruction

My instruction’s topic is how to fold napkin professionally. My instruction introduces topic step by step. Target of my instruction is people who want to decorate their table for anyone, such as friends, visitors, girl/boyfriends, family, so actually, my target can be almost everyone.

Objectives

My instructions objective is folding napkin attractively. Instruction start with effect of folding napkin professionally. I put pictures in every step, and described how to do it. Instruction explain the topic as easily as possible. Instruction got feedback from users, so it’s explanation became more specific.

Method

I didn’t want to change my rough draft too much because I thought steps with table is easier to see the steps than just write those with numbers. I added picture since one of my reviewer said that the step is kind of vague to follow. My reviewers were not familiar with preparing table with delicate decorating, so this was the first time to folding napkins. Review was held in public dining room before preparing birthday party in the dorm. After reviewers trying, I asked them the steps that they couldn’t understand or hard. With feedback from reviewer, I could figure out my instruction’s problems.

Result & Discussion

Before I got review, I thought my instruction is very well explained. However, reviewers said to me they could understand the steps with pictures, but my explanation made instruction hard to understand. Especially, they wandered in step nine, which need specific caution, so I added the picture with caution. They also picked words that sounds inappropriate. I changed several words in my steps so that they can understand it more clearly.

Conclusion

I learned that writing appropriate words is important to be clear. I thought some words have same meaning, so I can use the words in the steps. However, when I asked to feedback, reviewers picked those words up. Also, I thought my instruction is easy to understand, but that thinking was wrong. I felt it easy because I already knew it. From this experience, I figured out rough draft is important to make writing better, especially instruction. With rough draft, I could fix explanations, and add pictures that hugely help reader.

One thought on “User Test Report (from instruction)”

1. J.
    Excellent work!
    In this class, every blog post is required to have images, and video or photos from the birthday party would be appropriate.

Every post should be categorized, too, and you can do that on your dashboard with this post in edit mode.

I feel confident you learned how to do this very common report type.
    Thanks you,
    Sandy